Fighting fraud requires a partnership. We are strongly committed to your security.
Actions you should consider taking to keep your information secure:
- Implement dual custody. Corporate Cash Management customers should adopt dual authorization and/or transaction-based authentication procedures for financial transfers and self-administration services. Dual authorization requires a second level of approval to release financial transfer transactions and make changes to user profiles. It has proven to be an important and effective fraud deterrent.
- Monitor online accounts regularly. Actively monitor and reconcile your accounts and alerts to help detect suspicious activity. Immediately contact a Commerce National Bank representative if you notice anything out of the ordinary.
- Implement a layered security approach. Corporate Cash Management customers should use a combination of strategies. If one is compromised, there is still the protection of other safeguards. Frequently change your access passwords to protect accounts and functions from unauthorized use.
- Be cautious. Protect your login information (passwords, security tokens, and PINs). Set limits and controls for user access to your computer systems. Always remember to logout after your session.
- Be mindful of what you download, install, and click. Implement usage procedures to avoid infection by malicious software; control website permissions; monitor the connection of devices (e.g. flash drives) to your computers; control what documents, email attachments, programs, and other files are being opened or installed on your computers; and limit the number of computers used for online banking.
- Reduce common threats. All employees should be careful when using social media websites and applications, especially employees with access to your company’s confidential financial information. Only allow cash management services to be accessed from a secure location on your premises.
- Update anti-virus programs. Employ up-to-date security software and software patches. Ensure that your company’s firewalls, servers, client applications, and systems are updated with all vendor-recommended patches.
- Install browser protection software.
- Use Commerce National Bank’s Consumer and Small Business Bill Pay to eliminate mail fraud.
- Opt out of traditional paper statements and receive only eStatements.
This is not a complete listing of the internal security controls that you may need. You are responsible for determining and implementing the necessary controls to prevent security breaches and internal security losses. We do not warrant that any or all of the above recommendations will prevent a security breach, but we recommend adopting any additional recommendations we may make to help ensure your safe use of our services.